Western New York businesses of all shapes and sizes have been tasked with developing a COVID-19 reopening plan. It’s difficult enough to create distance between people and implement disinfecting protocols in an office environment – but how do you handle an indoor athletic environment where visitors are constantly coming and going? For our clients at Niagara Frontier Sports, we were up to the challenge.
Located in West Seneca, Niagara Frontier Sports is an elite sports performance facility. They are home to the Niagara Frontier Volleyball Club and also make their facility available for rentals. When Niagara Frontier Sports was preparing for their reopening, they subbed in the expert team at Clean MD for help developing their reopening plan and conduct nightly cleanings.
First things first.
Before even breaking out a spray bottle, our first task was to help Niagara Frontier Sports develop a plan that would keep the facility in compliance with CDC and NYS regulations – and, most importantly, keep the players and coaches safe while playing the sport they love.
We worked closely with the Niagara Frontier Sport team to:
- Evaluate the indoor space and made recommendations on traffic flow
- Determine maximum capacities in high-traffic areas such as restrooms
- Develop a custom cleaning schedule for their internal staff
- Switch out all their existing cleaning solutions with efficient dilution center that uses EPA-certified N List disinfectant
- Create a daily sign-off log for their staff and Clean MD cleaning technicians that follows COVID-19 NYS Cleaning Guidelines
- Provide hands sanitizer stations and placement recommendations
- Install signage to inform visitors that the facility has been professionally cleaned by Clean MD
A crucial part of NFS’s reopening plan was electrostatic spraying and disinfecting. This advanced technology uses positively charged ions that help the disinfectant coat and essentially stick to surfaces. The sprayer is portable, efficient, and cleans 3D and hard-to-reach surfaces.
Since disinfecting is needed throughout the day, we provided the facility with a professional-grade electrostatic sprayer. We then trained the Niagara Frontier Sports’ staff so they could conduct quick cleanings between training sessions. Then each evening, our Cleaning Technicians provide comprehensive spraying (along with other commercial cleaning tasks) so the facility is disinfected and ready for the next day.
Niagara Frontier Sports successfully welcomed teams back to the courts on July 6. We continue to work with them to keep their plan updated based on any guideline changes. We’re happy to report that teams have been practicing – both volleyball and social distancing – and NFS is gearing up for summer camps and fall clinics.